Worcester Area 30 Week Retreat in Daily Life
What commitment am I expected to make . . .
One making the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius - in a manner suited for busy people - are asked to commit to 30 consecutive weeks during which you:
- set aside daily at least 30 minutes for prayer and reflection;
- set aside weekly 1 hour and 30 minutes for:
- group sharing on your prayer experience of the past week,
- reflection/explanation on the theme of the upcoming week,
- meeting with your Prayer Companion.
A Prayer Companion is one who is trained to accompany you in your journey through the Spiritual Exercises in order to support and aid you in:
- noticing the sacred in your life;
- noticing the reality of God's presence and activity in your prayer, work, and relationships;
- noticing the places of life and energy in your daily experience;
- trusting and responding to what you notice;
- growing in deeper friendship and intimacy with God.